Read More. 138 Likes, 0 Comments - Yokohama International School (@yis1924) on Instagram: “NEW CAMPUS INFORMATION EVENING: Architect, Kengo Kuma, introduced our community to the design…” yis1924 • Follow. Approaching Noh/Kyogen from Various Perspectives. I love music because it's something I'm passionate about. Horizon Japan International School, Yokohama: Horizon Japan International School is located in Yokohama, eastern Japan, 30 km from Tokyo. Visit us at www.yis.ac.jp The short answer is that Design is the class I wish I had in high school. First held in 2001, this exhibition has subsequently been held in 2005, 2008 and 2011 for a total of 4 times, using the facilities and public spaces in Minato Mirai and … As you look though the site I hope you will get a sense of how YIS is a great place to learn and grow. Concept. Article by Jaclyn Jabanto. ... Montessori at Saint Maur captures the concept of ‘the family’ at the core of … Aiming to the benefit of both partner cities, economy, climate change countermeasures and culture and fine arts creating cities became the three main fields of exchange […] Oct 30, 2012 - Yokohama International Port Terminal, Japan. For all the challenges the past year has presented for our students, there are many things that we should celebrate. Yokohama will make use of various resources of the Keihin Coastal Area such as accumulated technology that can be a basis for life-innovation-related industries and R & D, Yokohama’s networks in and out of Japan, and conventional functions that can help to send out research results and exchange business. I get to understand what the students are like, what teachers are like, and I can find books I think my daughter will like. Yokohama Noh Theater presents Noh/Kyogen … Over 55% of our staff hold advanced degrees. The ambition of the architects was to create a pier "where you… Sign-up Motoazabu School Jiyugaoka School Bashamichi School Asagaya School Nagoya GG School Class Schedule Motoazabu(Hiroo) Jiyugaoka Yokohama Bashamichi Suginami Asagaya Nagoya GG Period offered: 2020.11.30(Mon)~12.25(Fri) Please refer to the attached flyer for details. workshop at yokohama international university, japan. At YIS I am given the opportunity to contribute to different subject areas and grade level teams. Yokohama International School. Yokohama International School is an international school located in Yamate, Naka-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa prefecture, Japan catering primarily to the expatriate community in Yokohama. We were kids put together from all over the world in a safe environment, with small class sizes and good teachers to facilitate academic, sport and social development. Robot Programming; REGISTER for Preschool NOW! Yokohama. This is also a day for the whole school to get together to reflect and collaborate around the concept of global citizenship. There are currently no open jobs at Yokohama International School listed on Glassdoor. Have a burning question? A warm and welcoming international learning community where students have abundant opportunities to explore, develop and challenge themselves. Apr 12, 2014 - Welcome to a+u Web Magazine! Introducing schools, kindergarten schools, and pre-schools with curriculum and education of country of origin in mainly an English speaking environment for foreigners. Everything works, as it's supposed to... until it doesn't. Most of the exhibits have English and Japanese descriptions. Yokohama International School x SEKAI Education. Everything that happens in the school is based upon a strong sense of values, guided by our mission - Live Learn Lead. Yokohama International School benefits and perks, including insurance benefits, retirement benefits, and vacation policy. YIS serves the educational needs of the international community in Yokohama and the nearby Tokyo metropolitan area, in particular the children of foreign nationals here on temporary assignment. However, compared to Questacon in Canberra, or the Kennedy Space Centre in Florida, it had no serious exhibits. I also decided to go with established design for the school information, but with a few small edits to how contact information was portrayed. Founded in 1924, Yokohama International School is an independent, not-for-profit school for children aged 3-18. 2 Yokohama International School reviews. We get together regularly for coffees to get to know one another and to help each other out. This article was originally published on ArchDaily in 2014. To be ‘anti’ is to make deliberate choices that affirm, support, and defend all people. The Terminal was completed in 2002 in time for the World Cup, hosted by Japan in that year. Located in the heart of the historic Bluff district across from Harbor View Park, YIS offers a safe and green environment near some of Yokohama's most pleasant residential neighborhoods. We go around exotic areas, "Bashamichi, Kannai, Yamashitacho, Yokohama Chinatown, Motomachi and Yamate" and visit … Oct 20, 2013 - Yokohama International Port Terminal (PDF) The design of the Yokohama International Port Terminal was part of a competition won in 1995 by Foreign Office Architects. We offer the three main IB programs (PYP, MYP, DP), providing a continuum of high-quality, international education across all grade levels. Since its founding in the international trading city of Yokohama in 1928, Kanagawa University has contributed to the development of society by producing many skilled graduates—around 230,000 in all. JPSS, for information about studying in Japan's universities and graduate schools. A free inside look at company reviews and salaries posted anonymously by employees. Contribute to the Community! This position starts at the beginning of the 2021-2022 school year. Yokohama city, 30~40 km from Tokyo central, is the capital city of Kanagawa prefecture, located in the main island of Japan, Honshu. YOKOHAMA INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL (YIS) Yokohama, Japan / August 2010 – present Middle School Vice Principal (2017-Current) Middle School Interim Principal (2018-2019) IB Middle Years Program ( MYP) Coordinator (2017 – current) • As member of the Senior Leadership Team contributes to the implementation of the strategic plan, the Teacher & Leader Learning Expectations, and the … yis1924. I'd like to be a Youtuber because I like to upload videos about games. Visit us at www.yis.ac.jp Living Guide for International Students in Japan | JPSS, the information site... menu . If you are interested in applying for this post please click the Apply Now button below. We lived in a house three houses down from the school for ten years. We celebrate each year the richly diverse backgrounds of our students and community members. Six students from Yokohama Science Frontier High School (YSFH) visited Saint Maur between November 14th – 16th as part of the annual exchange programme. Something that is always highlighted by students, parents and teachers alike is the great sense of community that exists here. Reported anonymously by Yokohama International School employees. A warm and welcoming international learning community where students have abundant opportunities to explore, develop and challenge themselves. It serves as the secretariat of the International Academic Consortium for Sustainable Cities (IACSC), an academic network created in 2009 under the initiative of Yokohama City University. There is definitely a sense of care and belonging and we are very proud of the diversity of our community members. Oct 7, 2014 - Image 5 of 22 from gallery of AD Classics: Yokohama International Passenger Terminal / Foreign Office Architects (FOA). Yokohama International School employees haven't posted any photos yet. Yokohama International School 258 Yamate-cho, Naka-ku, Yokohama, 231-0862 Japan Phone: +81 - (0)45-622-0084 Fax: +81 - (0)45-621-0379 www.yis.ac.jp yis@yis.ac.jp 27 All pages: 3 February 2020 - SEKAI Education worked with Yokohama International School to host a 3-week program for their MYP Grade 9 students. Learning changes our thinking and behaviors, enabling us to acquire skills, knowledge and attitudes while providing a catalyst for creativity, critical thinking and independent reasoning. We inspire our students to strive for excellence in all aspects of their development: academic, artistic, social and physical by providing the best possible learning environment which combines a well-balanced curriculum with extra-curricular activities. Concept-driven learners: PYP: English: Cat 2 Evidencing learning: PYP: English : Cat 2 ... Yokohama International School 258 Yamate-cho, Yokohama-shi, Naka-ku, Kanagawa 231-0862, Japan. Oct 30, 2012 - Yokohama International Port Terminal, Japan. It's Asia, in the most efficient and organised way possible. Want to schedule a visit? Get this page going by posting a photo. Welcome to the Yokohama International School Photo Repository. Oct 7, 2014 - Completed in 2002 in Yokohama, Japan. Jump to: General, Art, Business, Computing, Medicine, Miscellaneous, Religion, Science, Slang, Sports, Tech, Phrases We found one dictionary with English definitions that includes the word yokohama international school: Click on the first link on a line below to go directly to a page where "yokohama international school" is defined. We are proud of our heritage, beginning in 1924, as part of Yokohama's development as an international hub of commerce and industry and of the reputation that YIS enjoys as a school with passionate and dedicated educators. Enrichment; Baby Class; After School Courses ; Saturday Class; Wed/Sat Kindergarten; Seasonal Programs. The Grade 9 grouop performed Okoto. Follow the rules and you can't go wrong! Yokohama International Student House; Living on Hiyoshi Campus, Yokohama . Since the setting of the first steel column a little over a month ago, construction of the steel framework for the North Building has been proceeding at a rapid pace. This is the stadium for the final of Rugby World Cup Japan 2019. Saved from thecityreview.com. Please visit us sometime and experience YIS first-hand. Cosmo Global Kids International School: Address: 2F, 6-75 Otamachi, Naka-ku, Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa 231-0011, Japan: Classes: 3 year old class, 4 year old class, 5 year old class: Days: Monday - Friday Care hours: 7:30am-7:00pm (School hours: 8:30am-5:00pm) Holidays: Saturdays and Sundays and all Japanese national holidays. Our mission reflects our passion and enthusiasm for learning and leading lives of balance and purpose in building a caring community. Creating a sense of … First published in January 1971, a+u – Architecture & Urbanism – is an architectural magazine in Japanese and English that provides information on architecture around the globe to a global readership. What a difference a month makes! In service learning, I love that students can feel empowered by seeing how their actions can make a positive impact. Our Montessori School has specially prepared classrooms that have been created with the unique needs of children 2 ½ - 5+ in mind. Everything that happens in the school is based upon a strong sense of values, guided by our mission - Live Learn Lead. The Grade 9 and Grade 10 Koto groups had an opportunity to perform the pieces they have been working on. Located centrally on the ground floor of the Inge Building next to the herb garden and playground, Dragon Dining offer a fresh, creative, nutritious and environmentally responsible approach to school food. Photograph by Satoru Mishima / FOA 138 likes. Music is something I wouldn't be able to live without. Preschool; Pre-Kindergarten; Kindergarten; Enrichment Courses. Our preschool is a special place where children are encouraged to grow in body, mind and spirit. The long answer is that design has been my way of discovering and understanding the world. Share a Photo. It only takes a second, and your photos are anonymous. Yokohama F. Marinos (横浜F・マリノス, Yokohama Efu Marinosu) is a Japanese professional football club based in Yokohama, Kanagawa Prefecture, part of the Greater Tokyo Area.The club plays in the J1 League, which is the top tier of football in the country.. Having won the J-League title four times and finishing second twice, they are one of the most successful J-League clubs. Its campus is located in an area known as ‘the Bluff’, next to the Yokohama … This is the Yokohama International School company profile. The 3-week program was designed with subject coordinators at YIS for their Grade 9 Individuals & Societies class. The steel framework for the South Building is nearly halfway toward completion, with the pool area now fully framed. Each room is presented in an orderly and attractive manner. international-day. We like being a mid-size school, large enough to offer a wide range of academic and extracurricular opportunities yet small enough so that everyone knows each other. The students followed their Grade 10 and 11 hosts and as well as taking a keen interest in how Science is taught at Saint Maur, participated in the full range of regular classes and activities. Although only a short train ride from one of Tokyo's major hubs, Shibuya, the Hiyoshi campus is even closer to central Yokohama. It consists of a pre-school, a kindergarten/ elementary school, a middle school and a high school, a total of 13 academic years. Located just south of Tokyo, Yokohama is Japan's second largest city, with a population of 3.63 million. Moorish Revival Architecture. (The flyer will enlarge if you click on it.) Additionally, the area is very close to Route 246, the Daisan Keihin Expressway and the Tomei Expressway. We are driven to keep YIS at the forefront of international education while still maintaining its small school feel and strong sense of community and culture. An international exhibition of contemporary art representing Japan held once every three years. I would like to teach math because I am good at math. YIS MIDDLE SCHOOL Exam Preparation and Study Guide Children have to be educated, but they have also to be left to educate themselves. I give my brother help sometimes. Yokohama International School is a dynamic and exciting place to work and learn, and we are looking for people who want to contribute to the continuing growth of our school and community. Yokohama Kyoritsugakuen School Building, Yokohama: See 6 reviews, articles, and photos of Yokohama Kyoritsugakuen School Building, ranked No.649 on Tripadvisor among 928 attractions in Yokohama. ... Yokohama Bashamichi school. Sticking to the original zen theme, I went with a flagrantly Japanese-y picture of fortunes at a shrine. Primary school and junior high school would enjoy some of the exhibits that illustrate scientific concepts related to space. I encourage you to take some time to explore the site to get a feel for the school and find out more about the opportunities that exist here. Yokohama Bashamichi School. The climate change and sustainability action event that was held by students, faculty, administration and parents last year stands out for me. I created the YIS Tokyo Parents Group to connect YIS parents who live in Tokyo. International Stadium Yokohama is located in Yokohama city in Kanagawa prefecture. Saint Maur International School is dedicated not only to cater to the needs of its students, but to also be a support and driving force for its extended community of neighbors, families, and alumni. The population in Yokohama city is 3.7 million, the largest city of Japan by population. We offer children a secure and safe environment where curiosity is encouraged, concepts are explored and discovery is celebrated. All materials in the classroom are designed to cultivate children's natural curiosity and love for knowledge through working with their hands. Welcome to the Yokohama International School Photo Repository. “What is design class?”, I’m often asked. INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL IN YOKOHAMA. Gr.10 Koto Ensemble - Sakura Fragments Performance 桜フ … 12 Recitals #2 (Microdesk Concert Series). 3,525 คนเคยมาที่นี่. In my experience, the students (and indeed the families) who get involved in school life and all that it has to offer are the ones who benefit the most and are most successful. Welcome. Detail Study of Yokohama International Port Terminal by FOA, Yokohama, Japan. I am proud to have been a team leader in a recent project to produce hand sanitizer for Swedish hospitals to assist them in their work with the COVID-19 pandemic. Pre K GS MS HS School buses. With students of 54 different nationalities and faculty and staff from 18 countries, internationalism is at the heart of our school culture. International Day As an international school, we seek to promote knowledge and understanding between cultures. Concept. High School Koto Groups. 1. Yokohama Noh Theater is known for its expertise in planning and producing, and is the leading Japanese theater specific to traditional performing arts. ... An IB Continuum School Enjoy the unique benefits of an inquiry-centered, transdisciplinary and skills-focused academic continuum from early years through high school. Sign up to get notified as soon as new Yokohama International School jobs are posted. Yokohama Concept Architecture Architecture Details Google Image Search … I volunteer at the library regularly. At the request of members from the international community representing several nationalities and faiths, the Infant Jesus Sisters established Saint Maur International School in Yokohama in 1872, making it the oldest existing international school in Japan and Asia, and the 2nd oldest international school in the world. That lot was later acquired by YIS and used as a playground. Add Review Add Salary Add Interview Add Photos Add Benefits. We are working on a video of a modern take on Shakespeare's "Much Ado About Nothing". Architecture. It goes beyond producing only Japanese traditional performing arts, and produces new works through international collaborative programs. ※The pricing at Nagoya will differ.Please check here. . The Yokohama/Kitanaka area is a major redevelopment area attracting hotels, condominiums, commercial buildings and the relocation of the Yokohama City Hall. For almost 100 years, we have been a consistent part of the Kanto plains education environment, welcoming families from around the world. Ekiden (駅伝) is a long-distance running multistage relay race mostly held on roads. These, and an increasing emphasis on service learning, act as a guide in all that we do and go a lot deeper than just words on … I help supervise the HS Drama/Film production team. I am most excited for the whole campus to be in one area and the extra space that will be built for the students. These, and an increasing emphasis on service learning, act as a guide in all that we do and go a lot deeper than just words on the page. YIS students have huge opportunities to explore, develop and challenge themselves within a caring and exciting learning environment, and we aim to help them take advantage of everything that is on offer. Yokohama city. The Expat’s Guide to Japan. This can help connect students to our community. The Grade 10 group performed Sakura Fragments. Adventurous wilderness expeditions create authentic opportunities for students to develop knowledge, skills and conceptual understandings for life-long learning and appreciation of the natural world. YIS combines a strong academic tradition with a demonstrated commitment to innovation. NEW CAMPUS INFORMATION EVENING: Architect, Kengo Kuma, introduced our community to the design concepts for our new campus last week. All content is posted anonymously by employees working at Yokohama International School. Search for a university; Your chance to receive a scholarship through acceptance using the Scouting Function. As a satellite event of "Hama-Fes Y161", a port opening memorial event which conveys the history of the opening of Yokohama Port, classic cars from the 1920s to 1973 gather on Yokohama Motomachi Shopping Street and this 520km classic car rally over three days starts. Learning all the theory and history in class helps me develop my own personal music skills. Yokohama - International Schools, Kindergarten schools, Pre-schools Ready to apply? Concept. about New Campus Update: Construction More than One-Quarter Complete, about Resilience in the Face of Uncertainty, about Anti-Bias Anti-Racism (ABAR) Teaching, and My Continuous Unlearning, about New Campus Update: Steel Structure Taking Shape at a Rapid Pace, New Campus Update: Construction More than One-Quarter Complete, Anti-Bias Anti-Racism (ABAR) Teaching, and My Continuous Unlearning, New Campus Update: Steel Structure Taking Shape at a Rapid Pace, Online Parent Workshop - Reading MS/HS Report Cards, School Holiday for Students (Professional Days for Staff), Gr. International Schools in Yokohama List of International schools in Yokohama-city, Japan. The area offers convenient access to the Tokaido Shinkansen bullet train line and various train and subway lines. Spring School; Summer School; Camp Koa (Winter School) Special Programs. Yokohama is seeking to attract high-tech companies to this verdant area, and already many international companies have R&D and other facilities there. Worked for Yokohama International School? 18 … International Schools. Visit us at www.yis.ac.jp For us as parents, it is a pleasure to witness how confident our daughters are that their actions will make our world a better place. Glassdoor gives you an inside look at what it's like to work at Yokohama International School, including salaries, reviews, office photos, and more. It is also very convenient for families who choose to live in Tokyo – just over 30 minutes away by express train – and a great number of our students commute to school everyday, with the nearest station only 5 minutes walk away from our front gate. This puts Kohoku … Our play-based learning programs are all age and level appropriate and encourage children to use their imagination and be creative. Menu. Leading international school near Tokyo offering pre-K … In Grade One, a highlight of our learning has been the introduction of teacher-led and student-led workshops. International Day . Your web browser does not support the