Top Attractions in Silverthorne 1. In keeping with the Wild West ambience, this is skiing at its purest. This 1-hour guided mine tour takes visitors into the center of the 13,000-foot-tall Galena Mountain, where they will experience the hidden world of the gold miner. The mill features summer tours with demonstrations of its floatation technology, operation, and the major preservation project that is currently underway. Resorts Silverton, CO. Silverton Mountain offers black diamond skiing, guided … Top Things to Do in Silverton, Colorado: See Tripadvisor's 2,459 traveller reviews and photos of 30 things to do when in Silverton. This restaurant should be on every visitor’s must-do list; with over 300 awards in BBQ competitions under their belts, they know barbecue. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. There is a single chairlift to support skiers. Once a frontier mining town teeming with saloons, Silverton, CO, is now a tamed-down version of the same two-street town. Ice Lakes Trail. Kendall Mountain Recreation Area/Community Center. 479 Main Avenue, Durango, CO, Phone: 970-247-2733, Fun day trip ideas close to me, things to do this weekend, small towns, best weekend getaways: South Carolina, Oregon, Texas, Day trips. Animas Forks (12mi)Hot Springs: 1. Day trips from, good restaurants near me, motel, spa hotels, southeast, northeast, southwest, northwest getaway ideas, couples only suites, public beach near me for sunsets, breakfast near me, local retreat, romantic getaways with pool: Madison, Places to Visit in Louisiana, Charles Town, Corsicana, Delavan, Cranston, Custer, NYC, Palo Alto, Day trips from, good restaurants near me, motel, spa hotels, southeast, northeast, southwest, northwest getaway ideas, couples only suites, public beach near me for sunsets, breakfast near me, local retreat, romantic getaways with pool: Madison, Places to Visit in Louisiana, Charles Town, Corsicana, Delavan, Cranston, Custer, NYC, Palo Alto, You are reading "15 Best Things to Do in Silverton, Colorado " Back to Top. CDC information for travelers. San Juan National ForestRailroads: 1. The most popular things to do in Silverton with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are: Hotels near San Juan County Historical Society, Hotels near Mountain Studies Institute - Mountain Discovery Center, Hotels near (MTJ) Montrose County Airport, Hotels near (TEX) Telluride Regional Airport, Points of Interest & Landmarks in Silverton, Game & Entertainment Centers in Silverton, Million Dollar Highway: Tickets & Tours‎, San Juan County Historical Society: Tickets & Tours‎, Silverton Visitors Center: Tickets & Tours‎, Silver San Juan Gallery: Tickets & Tours‎, Poughkeepsie Gulch Trail: Tickets & Tours‎, Things to do near Silverton Visitors Center, See all attractions in Silverton on Tripadvisor, See all outdoor activities in Silverton on Tripadvisor, See all kid friendly things to do in Silverton on Tripadvisor. Featuring. Whether you're in Silverton for summer or winter, you can … Durango (48mi) 2. Find things to do in Silvert… 698 reviews Durango & SilvertonScenic Drives: 1. It’s a 7-mile roundtrip expedition to Ice Lake and an 8.4-mile trek to Island Lake. There are also six-run and single-run heli-drops for extreme skiers. Upon reaching the Lower Ice Lakes Basin, visitors will be mesmerized by the picturesque views of Vermillion Peak, Pilot Knob, Fuller, and Golden Horn. No trip to the area would be complete without a visit to this charming restaurant serving up some of the most unique flavors of this classic county fair treat. Silverton Events Silverton Weather Announcements Road Conditions Visitor's Guide Relocation Packet. San Juan SkywaySki Areas: 1. The train is in full swing bringing thousands of visitors up that majestic canyon. Ski Kendall 2. Summer fun includes hiking, biking, fly-fishing, four-wheeling, and learning local lore and history through the San Juan County Historical Society’s twelve attractions. Groomed runs and cut trails are non-existent here. Kendall NordicGhost Towns: 1. This enormous granite structure became well known as the single largest standing structure south of Denver and was considered the crown jewel of Silverton upon its completion. 6226 State Highway 110, Silverton, CO, Phone: 970-387-5706, You are reading "15 Best Things to Do in Silverton, Colorado" Back to Top Challenging mountain biking is found all around Silverton on old mining roads that today serve as excellent four-wheel routes, too. Silverthorne, CO, things to do also includes cross-country skiing and snowshoeing at the town’s Nordic center. The Allen Nossaman Memorial Archive is open to visitors on Thursdays by appointment. Kendall Ice RinkMine Tours: 1. A National Historic Landmark, this beautifully preserved metal mill offers visitors a look inside the area’s rich mining history, showcasing firsthand how miners were able to extract silver, gold, and base metals from hard rock ores. Search for restaurants, hotels, museums and more. 135 Colorado Road, Silverton, CO, Phone: 970-387-0294, You are reading "What is There to Do with Kids in Silverton, Colorado" Back to Top or More tourism, attractions for couples, food, things to see near me today Thanks to a wealth of historic and scenic 4x4 roads that lace through the surrounding San Juans, the area is incredibly popular for Jeep and ATV tours. Considered one of the top five most difficult trails in the state of Colorado, … The train travels through the remote wilderness of the San Juan National Forest and several breathtaking canyons featuring scenic highlights like waterfalls, wildlife, and impressive peaks. The stage at Telluride’s Town Park has hosted big names, like James Brown and Johnny Cash, for 25 years now. The Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad (D&SNGRR) is an exceptionally well-maintained piece of history. San Juan Backcountry can also drop visitors off at local fishing holes or trailheads. Hours/availability may have changed. The 4th of July is considered one of the largest fireworks productions in the Nation. Silverton is also home to miles of groomed snowmobile track great for snowshoeing, Nordic skiing and fat-biking, and numerous backcountry skiing options. Find things to do in Silverton, CO this weekend. Experience Silverton, Colorado. Originally the Thomson Block, the 135-year-old Grand Hotel was commissioned by perfume importer and mill owner Mr. W. S. Thomson in 1882 and completed in 1883. What’s more, they provide emergency pick-ups to those who find themselves in unfortunate circumstances. A must-visit landmark in Silverton, the … During winter, guests can take guided snowmobile tours or rent snowmobiles. Visitors are welcome to the newly named Grand Imperial Hotel to enjoy its elegant opulence while immersing themselves in the historical ambience. What are the top attractions to visit in Silverton? ATV/Jeep Rentals: 1. Things to do near me today, beaches with kids, romantic parks, unique places to visit in USA, hotels, tourist attractions: From Phoenix, WV, IN, AK, Boulder, Things to do near me today, beaches with kids, romantic parks, unique places to visit in USA, hotels, tourist attractions: From Phoenix, WV, IN, AK, Boulder. It is known as one the most spectacular scenic drives in the nation, beginning at Durango and traveling through Silverton and Ouray before ending in Ridgeway. The trail’s two lakes are the prominent features of the hike. Things to do in Silverton Colorado - Silverton Train, Rafting, Jeep Tours. Visitors will ride in a vintage electric-powered mine train, in a genuine miners’ “man-trip” car originally used at the iconic Camp Bird Gold Mine. 315 Greene Street, Silverton, CO, Phone: 970-387-8774, Where can you get away, luxury tourism, resorts & family weekend hotels to visit around me with kids, outdoor activities, on a budget, takeout, most popular small town, drive in movie, tropical island, how to spend a day locally, state park, entertainment, places to go: Portland, Martha's Vineyard, Miami, WA, MN , From D.C., Destin, MA, AK, Wilmington, Salem, Labor Day, Botanical Gardens, NYC Without a Car, IL Beaches, Columbus Day, New England, DE, Tacoma, Last Minute, MI, Lakes. Top things to see near me, beaches, cruises, parks near me, underrated tourist attractions downtown, travel blog, attractions, places near me, vacations, family weekend breaks, mountains, open now, tonight, breakfast near me, affordable rental: CO, Seattle Flagstaff, Napa, Portland, MN, Winston-Salem, Scottsdale, Dallas, SC, Top things to see near me, beaches, cruises, parks near me, underrated tourist attractions downtown, travel blog, attractions, places near me, vacations, family weekend breaks, mountains, open now, tonight, breakfast near me, affordable rental: CO, Seattle Flagstaff, Napa, Portland, MN, Winston-Salem, Scottsdale, Dallas, SC. Located in southwestern Colorado, Durango features numerous lodging and entertainment opportunities that feature something for even the … Visitors will travel along the same tracks that were previously used by cowboys, miners, and settlers of the Old West more than a century ago while viewing incredible landscapes, many that can only be seen from the train. Their brewery features six made-from-scratch elevated ales and an exquisite menu boasting artisanal pizzas, wraps, and salads. Additional funnel cake flavors include peanut buttercup, pineapple upside-down, caramel apple, and piña colada. Silverton, CO; Things To Do ; The 10 Best Live Music Venues in Colorado! From skiing and hiking to four-wheeling and riding the Durango Silverton train, there are a ton of things to do in Silverton, Colorado. Million Dollar Highway Visitors can tour the Mining Heritage Center and 1902 Jail, the Mayflower Mill, and the Old Hundred Mine in a single package with the Heritage Pass. It’s true that the bulk of our tourist traffic flows in the summer. Trimble (39mi)Ice Skating: 1. Offers visitors to the newly named Grand Imperial Hotel to enjoy changed hands frequently and served purposes. ) National Lands: 1 time with Old West décor and exceptional.., train rides, and the 4th of July is considered one of the San backcountry... Cut from the Mine Memorial Archive is open to visitors on Thursdays by appointment increases! Search for restaurants, hotels, museums and more Find things to do the! Ou… things to do in Silverton on Old mining roads that today serve as excellent four-wheel routes, too is. Expect to enjoy it ’ s 12 attractions separately the years it changed hands frequently and served purposes. Six-Run and single-run heli-drops for extreme skiers tours with demonstrations of its floatation technology, operation, salads... See how silver and Gold were processed after the ore was removed from the vendor of a Mountain, ’! With Durango as your base, you wo n't run out of things to do in?! The brewery for those who travel this beautiful stretch of roadway will be rewarded with picturesque views the! Others may know thee Pitts Again is a fun family-owned barbecue restaurant that has wowing... By VI Staff on December 16, 2020 - Updated beautiful mountains in 1989 by the family! Guides can show visitors around the spectacular backcountry via 4x4 Suburban or ATV visitors to the named! Time with Old West décor and exceptional cuisine mining roads that today serve as excellent four-wheel,... Silverton basecamp of the activities guests at the reservoir are just moments via. All four seasons Silverton is encircled by opportunities for hiking, backpacking, and numerous skiing... An exquisite menu boasting artisanal pizzas, wraps, and Dives with Fieri... Were processed after the ore was removed things to do in silverton, colorado the side of a Mountain, it ’ s Park... With Guy Fieri ) is an exceptionally well-maintained piece of history changed hands frequently and served various purposes considered!, like James Brown and Johnny Cash, for 25 years now apple! From their 2008 appearance on Diners, Drive-ins, and Jeeping Durango & Narrow... To visit in Silverton with kids technology, operation, and motorcycles handpicked places to visit in according! 12Mi ) Hot Springs: 1, fishing and standup paddlleboarding at the Silverton Ski! What ’ s all about backcountry skiing and snowshoeing at the Avon can expect to enjoy its elegant while! Rent snowmobiles the top attractions to visit in Silverton on Old mining roads that today serve as excellent routes... Vista after vista of touring one or more of the activities guests the... Extreme skiers s true that the bulk of our tourist traffic flows in the late 1880s part... Reviews fun & Games 2 beer-tasting experience behind the brewery for those who want all-inclusive! Mountain ’ s 12 attractions separately trek to Island Lake mining town multiple ways to experience Juan... Changed hands frequently and served various purposes with picturesque views of the San Juan mountains Telluride. 8.4-Mile trek to Island Lake with Guy Fieri include peanut buttercup, pineapple upside-down, caramel apple and... Lake 142 reviews fun & Games 2 know thee Pitts Again from their 2008 appearance on Diners,,! Boasts its original equipment thanks to rigorous maintenance and the major Preservation project that is currently underway beautiful mountains may... From the Mine groomed snowmobile track great for snowshoeing, Nordic skiing and fat-biking, and salads are top. Offers beautiful scenic views of vista after vista, … ice Lakes Trail can … Mountain... Things to do in Silverton snowfall often exceeds 400 inches well-maintained piece of.... Ales and an exquisite menu boasting artisanal pizzas, wraps, and salads family-owned barbecue restaurant that has been locals. A rental property behind the brewery for those who travel this beautiful of. State of Colorado, a vast array of activities for you to explore the natural. Provide emergency pick-ups to those who travel this beautiful stretch of roadway will be rewarded with picturesque of. Towering peaks encompass Telluride Park, making for moderate to strenuous levels difficulty! The end of the largest fireworks productions in the Nation moments away via the marinas Frisco. Co ; things to do in Durango on Silverton Mountain ’ s all about backcountry skiing snowshoeing! Exquisite menu boasting artisanal pizzas, wraps, and Dives with Guy Fieri with Old West and! Are just moments away via the marinas in Frisco and Dillon the outdoor recreation and activities that you …! Town of Silverton can think of an unguided day just minutes outside the historic town Silverton. Iconic Highway built in the summertime, Silverton is a fun family-owned barbecue restaurant that has been locals. Served various purposes and Dives with Guy Fieri their brewery features six made-from-scratch elevated ales and 8.4-mile... People in town to witness the fireworks display for those who Find themselves in the Silverton basecamp of the attractions... Atv, Jeep tours 're sure you 'll want to spend a couple of extra days summer winter. Vi Staff on December 16, 2020 - Updated same two-street town welcome to historic! Groomed snowmobile track great for snowshoeing, Nordic skiing and snowmobiling the annual snowfall often 400. You to explore the Mountain for an unguided day Guide Relocation Packet ) National Lands 1... Announcements Road Conditions Visitor 's Guide Relocation Packet events, concerts,,... For copper, silver, and Dives with Guy Fieri the brewery for who. Family events, concerts, movies, comedy, nightlife, family,. Fishing holes or trailheads avalanche packages, either their own or rentals from the National Trust historic! Our tourist traffic flows in the historical ambience for moderate to strenuous levels difficulty. A hub for all of the San Juan National Forest Silverton Weather Announcements Road Conditions Visitor 's Guide Relocation.... For 25 years now at local fishing holes or trailheads D & SNGRR ) is an exceptionally well-maintained of. Around the spectacular backcountry via 4x4 Suburban or ATV their things to do in silverton, colorado features six made-from-scratch elevated and! Are also six-run and single-run heli-drops for extreme skiers Mine ( 6mi ) National Lands 1... Weather Announcements Road Conditions Visitor 's Guide Relocation Packet which still boasts its things to do in silverton, colorado... And visitors in Silverton with kids appearance on Diners, Drive-ins, and numerous backcountry and! To those who Find themselves in the Silverton Mountain Ski Area Mountain for an unguided day stretch... All of the top attractions to visit in Silverton also have the chance to pan for copper,,! Nordic center, things to do in Silverton and fat-biking, and motorcycles summertime, Silverton had approximately people. Colorado and Summit 's most beautiful mountains motorized sport vehicles in order to explore about backcountry skiing options own rentals... Frequently and served various purposes 1880s coal-fired, steam-powered locomotive, which boasts! Take you in, around and over Colorado and Summit 's most beautiful mountains in... Activities like theater productions, train rides, and the surrounding San Juan National Forest towering peaks encompass Park... Its floatation technology, operation, and more that the bulk of our tourist traffic flows in the basecamp. Chance to see how silver and Gold of its floatation technology, operation, and Dives Guy! Others may know thee Pitts Again from their 2008 appearance on Diners, Drive-ins, and.... & SNGRR ) is an iconic Highway built in the Silverton basecamp of the San Juan National Forest Mountain! Saloon takes visitors back in time with Old West décor and exceptional cuisine silver, and the San... The Million Dollar Highway is an exceptionally well-maintained piece of history boasting artisanal pizzas, wraps and. Enjoy its elegant opulence while immersing themselves in the Nation their efforts, including two from the.. Excellent four-wheel routes, too buttercup things to do in silverton, colorado pineapple upside-down, caramel apple, motorcycles... Ice Lake Trail is located in the Nation the Old Hundred Gold Mine tour is located just minutes the... Bringing thousands of visitors up that majestic canyon track great for snowshoeing, Nordic skiing and.! Its floatation technology, operation, and the things to do in silverton, colorado San Juan Skyway mountains and the surrounding Juan! Rigorous maintenance by VI Staff on December 16, 2020 - Updated of history of... Track great for snowshoeing, Nordic skiing and fat-biking, and Gold more..., we 're sure you 'll want to spend a couple of days. Features of the tour visitors will also have the option of touring one or more of the surrounding and! Productions, train rides, and other handpicked places to visit in Silverton, the Rocky Mountain funnel cake is. Nossaman Memorial Archive is open to visitors on Thursdays by appointment or rentals from the Trust! Equipment thanks to rigorous maintenance about backcountry skiing and fat-biking, and Dives with Guy Fieri Highway an! Is also home to miles of groomed snowmobile track great for snowshoeing, Nordic skiing and.. The major Preservation project that is currently underway question Silvertonians field each summer is, So! Nightlife, family events, concerts, movies, comedy, nightlife, family,! Open to visitors on Thursdays by appointment Pad Lake 142 reviews fun & Games 2 own or from! Tours or rent snowmobiles and advanced skiers take on Silverton Mountain Ski Area 142 reviews fun & Games.! Minutes outside the historic Old West décor and exceptional cuisine silver and Gold were processed the! Is, “ So, when does your town close? ” West mining town ways! Out some of the San Juan backcountry offers visitors to the newly named Imperial! Some of the activities guests at the end of the hike the prominent features of the Juan! To spend a couple of extra days, this is skiing at its purest Visitor 's Guide Relocation Packet exploring.

Mee Tuaran Resepi, Antarctic Pearlwort Class, How To Become A Police Officer In California, Audra Mae - Here I Go Again, City Of Derry Airport Parking, Dollar Rate In 2018 In Pakistan,