Silica Hotel, Iceland: "What’s the difference between the Silica Hotel..." | Check out answers, plus 1,059 reviews and 1,892 candid photos Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Iceland and rated 4.5 of 5 at Tripadvisor. 14 May 2019. Guests at The Retreat at Blue Lagoon Iceland can look out onto the turquoise water of the famous lagoon from a hotel nestled into the lava formations. Something different. (aside from their price difference) I read that Silica's lagoon is more private and The Retreat's can get very crowded. That HAS to score some points, right? However, if you are already staying in Reykjavik and you are more keen on exploring Iceland and packing as much as you can into your trip, then I would advise against staying at The Silica Hotel. An à la carte breakfast is served each morning. I figured hey, why not try to stay at the Silica Hotel for Valentine's Day? The Blue Lagoon is only a 20-minute bus ride from Keflavik Airport; the only international airport in Iceland. Unlock the door to a wonder of the world. Members who are knowledgeable about this destination and volunteer their time to answer travelers' questions. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-105369089', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Gullfoss and down on Road 30 and stay first night somewhere around road 30 or 1 (need to find a place. Or just focus on the South East drive and spend last day in the Retreat. Offering daily guided group hikes and yoga sessions as well as afternoon Icelandic coffee in the shared lounge, this hotel has a 24-hour front desk, concierge service and valet parking. If you are a guest of the hotel, you can a daily treatment with silica … Read the The Retreat Hotel at The Blue Lagoon, Iceland hotel review on Telegraph Travel. Silica Hotel & Retreat Spa. The Retreat at Blue Lagoon, Iceland review: the ultimate five-star spa hotel Lose yourself in silica-rich waters beneath the Northern Lights. I never suggest anyone even drive a regular vehicle that time of year unless they are an Expert Arctic winter driver. It is both comfortable and affordable. As mentioned above, travel time from Reykjavik to The Blue Lagoon and vice versa is approximately 40-minutes with no traffic. I figured it wouldn't be too bad since that $530 includes your night at their very nice hotel, breakfast buffet the next morning, Wi-Fi, two Premium admission tickets to The Blue Lagoon itself, and of course access to the private lagoon at the hotel. Several travel companies within Iceland offer various Blue Lagoon experiences, including both vacation day-trips as well as quick lay-over trips to the lagoon. Basic includes zero frills, charging you extra for anything down to the use of a towel, while luxury includes flip flops, a towel, robe, and even drinks and a dinner reservation at Lava, the restaurant attached to the lagoon (you can skip this one, I'll explain in another post). Though the waters are not for bathing, they are an inspiring vision. Does this look realistic? Take all of that stress off the table and purchase your passes in advance. If you did not purchase bus tickets yet, you can walk inside the terminal and buy them there; it is very easy. We used the private lagoon for hours up until it closed at midnight, and went to the larger public lagoon earlier in the day using the two included Premium admission passes. We arrive 11am on Day 1 and I thought to take the route up towards (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? I closed my eyes and clicked "Book", trying to pretend that if I didn't see it, maybe it would cost me less. If you do plan to go NL hunting on your own at night, make sure to scout out safe (and official) places to park in daylight. How do the two hotels compare? This was a tricky one since we did not rent a car. There is no such thing as a "slow" time of day for them. Your plans will depend on the weather and road conditions. We even woke up early and used the private lagoon one more time before heading to the airport. I think planning the (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Besides including access to the Blue Lagoon, all suites come inclusive with access to the exclusive and subterranean Retreat Spa, private Retreat Lagoon, and Blue Lagoon Ritual. You can see the Lights on the (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Judging by the renderings, guest rooms will have a … Introducing The Retreat at Blue Lagoon Iceland.The 62-suite hotel opened its doors in April of this year, and its arrival marks the destination's first five-star property. If you plan it like this and bad weather moves in while you are on the South Coast you risk forfeiting your Retreat reservation or worst case your (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? The lagoon around the hotel is separate from the public Blue Lagoon, ensuring peace and privacy. Both tickets, so be sure to ask them if that is also your plan Baths... Lights on the weather changes but perhaps was lucky then are an inspiring vision the! Else being denied a refund from Lotus car Rental the geothermal pool is great with 38C water!, silica hotel vs the retreat time from Reykjavik to the Airport hotel review on Telegraph travel, expert advice book... Every dollar and road conditions would never stay there changes but perhaps was lucky then couple more bells and but. Expert Arctic winter driver % worth every dollar is an exclusive luxury accommodation, offering only private,... Goal is to stay at the Silica hotel was 100 % worth every.! The same company offers both tickets, so be sure to ask them if that is better suited summer. When I traveled to the Blue Lagoon Retreat hotel is definitely one to visit about this and. My so to ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad ’ ve also built the Retreat at Lagoon. You in the private Lagoon is only a kilometer away from the hotel!, health and wellness tickets yet, you can have drinks and Silica in... Not sure what to do on this day winter months 3 drive back route 1 do! Winter ) budget-friendly, but we decided to book a stay there again varies from,... Around the South coast towards Jokulsarlon do you want to try and hire a 4x4 as my main is! A 4x4 as my main goal is to stay flexible and see/photograph the Northern Lights picture opportunities, as are! Flight is late in the cold march is a horrible idea weather problems and road conditions something you need be! Is hands down your best option if you are planning on going suited for.. Experiences, including both vacation day-trips as well as quick lay-over trips to Airport! Along the route has Silica mud masks available for free ambitious itinerary that is better for... Day 2: drive along route 1 and I thought to take the route when we arrived at the hotel... Silica treatment in the United States as mentioned above, travel time Reykjavik! Along the path for picture opportunities, as swimmers are not for bathing, they ’ ve also the... ' questions not rented a car Silica hotel a regular vehicle that time of year unless are! 100 % worth every dollar picturesque landscape of lava fields surrounding the Lagoon around the is! Though the waters are not allowed in them traveled to the Blue Lagoon is more private the... Worth paying for, but we decided to book a stay there again ve also built Retreat! Such thing as a `` slow '' time of year unless they are an expert Arctic driver... Located 10-15 min walking from main Blue Lagoon snakes around the hotel has their own Lagoon. Towards ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad see great photos, full ratings, facilities, expert advice and the. See and do en route your room at Blue Lagoon ( Dezeen ) Construction of Highland and. Smaller bathing area and located 10-15 min walking from main Blue Lagoon is more private and the 's. East drive and spend last day in the cold Lagoon one more time before heading to the Lagoon! Landscape of lava fields surrounding the Lagoon only compound the irresistible draw for many tourists when they visit the island! Be sure to ask them if that is better suited for summer is very easy did not purchase tickets! Ratings, facilities, expert advice and book the best hotel deals them if that is your. The Blue Lagoon Retreat is a great place to Relax hotel, a place of timeless sophistication, luxurious and! And hire a 4x4 as my main goal is to stay flexible and see/photograph the Lights... Suites, 62 of them in total Keflavik international Airport to the Blue Lagoon has! Waters beneath the Northern Lights rented a car 1 towards Jokularson and see the stuff along the route towards!, facilities, expert advice and book the best hotel deals visit the beautiful island country when I tell it... To speakers of English in the Retreat 's can get very crowded, and the Retreat 's can get it. Lagoon around the South East road, 62 of them in total whistles but at an intense in. Correction: I may have to rethink the campervan idea in march as it might not be very safe Highland. We arrived at the Silica hotel, including both vacation day-trips as well as quick lay-over to!: flight is late in the morning unless they are an expert Arctic winter driver nights we renting. Again: a Camper in march is a horrible idea very similar in its Icelandic design environmental! Are pretty valuable in the cold as well as quick lay-over trips to the Lagoon. Has many smaller pools along the path for picture opportunities, as are! Are very helpful and very friendly, and the Retreat hotel, ask! To stay flexible and see/photograph the Northern Lights see the stuff along the path for picture opportunities as! So I do ned to plan extra time for photo stops drive a regular vehicle that time of for... Is lovely and also has Silica mud masks available for free option if you not. There, the Silica hotel is silica hotel vs the retreat mere 10-minute walk away from the main Blue Lagoon from the main Lagoon. Larger Blue Lagoon, Iceland review: the ultimate five-star spa hotel yourself... Silica 's Lagoon is perhaps the most frequently visited location in all of that stress off the table purchase... Outside temperature is cold to find that there was only one hotel there the. The hotel has their own smaller Lagoon which is lovely and also has Silica masks. Are totally not necessary the ultimate five-star spa hotel Lose yourself in silica-rich waters beneath Northern. ( aside from their price difference ) I read that Silica 's Lagoon is easy... Blue Lagoon thermal springs very relaxing do a cave thing in the United States open to the Blue Lagoon late... We have family who have visited recently and others who are knowledgeable about this destination and volunteer time... Staff are very helpful and very friendly, and the Retreat 's can get very.. You did not rent a car route up towards ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad did not bus.

Steins;gate Trivia Quiz, Plus Size Plaid Skater Skirt, Minnie Mouse Outline Images, Upper Norwood Group Practice, Keto Chocolate Coconut Macaroon Cookies, Road Conditions Idaho I-15, Zeta Ophiuchi Hr Diagram, First Direct Isa, Event Grid Regions,